East & West Molesey
A Dictionary of Local History
Rowland G. M. Baker, 1972
This was a home for "the reception of poor women from the metropolis needing change and rest". It was founded by Miss Maria Fitzroy, grand-daughter of the 4th Duke of Grafton, in a house in St. john's Road. The home was built in 1878 and enlarged in 1880. Miss Fitzroy lived in a house called St. George's Bank in Bridge Road, the site of which is now occupied by Kingfisher Court.
All books copyright © R G M Baker, all rights reserved.
Images © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.
Web page design © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.