East & West Molesey
A Dictionary of Local History
Rowland G. M. Baker, 1972
Now the Post Office in Bridge Road. The house was erected late in the eighteenth century, possibly in 1772 when a fire insurance of £800 was taken out to cover it, and almost certainly on the site of and incorporating parts of an older house. This old house was at one time the home of Hezekiah Benson, deputy high bailiff of Westminster, and most probably before him of the Eades family, several members of which were buried in East Molesey church, and who were gamekeepers and falconers of the parks of Hampton Court. It is built in yellow brick with a fine mansard roof. The interior contains a good staircase. The single-storey post office building in front was erected in 1906.
All books copyright © R G M Baker, all rights reserved.
Images © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.
Web page design © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.