East & West Molesey
A Dictionary of Local History
Rowland G. M. Baker, 1972
An eighteenth century house, sometime used as a farm, was bought by the Rev. Christopher D'Oyley Aplin the minister in 1815 as apparently no parsonage then existed. In 1843 the house was purchased by the Rt. Hon. John Wilson Croker, greatly enlarged, and presented to the parish as a vicarage. From 1828 to 1831 it was the home of Edward Jesse, a noted author and naturalist.
All books copyright © R G M Baker, all rights reserved.
Images © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.
Web page design © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.