East & West Molesey
A Dictionary of Local History
Rowland G. M. Baker, 1972
William Hatton, who died in 1705, left a house and an acre of land in Bridge Road as a residence for the minister of East Molesey. In the middle of the nineteenth century, when the vicar was also the vicar of Thames Ditton, the house fell into disrepair, and was rebuilt in 1859. The architect was Thomas Talbot Bury, who also designed the parish church. In 1959 the estate was sold, the house demolished, and a block of flats (Boleyn Court) built on the site. The money received from the sale was used to build a new vicarage in St. Mary's Road much nearer to the parish church.
All books copyright © R G M Baker, all rights reserved.
Images © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.
Web page design © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.