East & West Molesey
A Dictionary of Local History
Rowland G. M. Baker, 1972
In 1882 a committee was formed to buy the redundant corrugated iron Trinity Church at New Malden and re-erect it as a public hall for East Molesey. Before enough money could be raised and a site found, a builder named Lear bought the church privately and erected it behind a stationer's shop in Bridge Road on the Feltham Estate which he was developing at the time. It was first used in November 1882 and was for many years a meeting and concert hall. It is now an electricity substation and repair workshop. The original entrance path still exists as a right of way between Bridge Road and Feltham Avenue.
All books copyright © R G M Baker, all rights reserved.
Images © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.
Web page design © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.