East & West Molesey
A Dictionary of Local History
Rowland G. M. Baker, 1972
James Feltham was for some years collector of the tolls on Hampton Court bridge. He bought about six acres of land between the bridge and the lock, which was developed for residential purposes around 1880 by a local builder named Lear. The three roads on the estate were originally called Feltham Road, Feltham Avenue and Thames Road, but were later renamed Feltham Avenue throughout.
All books copyright © R G M Baker, all rights reserved.
Images © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.
Web page design © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.