East & West Molesey
A Dictionary of Local History
Rowland G. M. Baker, 1972
This formerly stood on the land now occupied by Cedar Road and Cedar Close. In the eighteenth century it was known as Walnut Tree House, and stood on the site of an even older house the cellars of which were still visible at that time. It is possible that this old house was the "sumptuous mansion" built in East Molesey by Sir Thomas Heneage in the reign of Henry the Eighth. In 1853 it was acquired by Frederick Lowton Spinks, serjeant at law, given a new classical facade and renamed East Molesey Lodge. It was demolished in 1930.
All books copyright © R G M Baker, all rights reserved.
Images © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.
Web page design © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.