East & West Molesey
A Dictionary of Local History
Rowland G. M. Baker, 1972
A Victorian-Gothic style house built about 1870 in St. Mary's Road, by James McLachlan, a builder from Clapham. Around the turn of the century it was bought by the East and West Molesey Urban District Council for use as offices and a depot. After the amalgamation with Esher Council the house was retained for use as a clinic and the yard eventually became a carpark. As the number of cars increased the available space became insufficient and in 1969 the house was demolished in order to obtain a greater parking area.
All books copyright © R G M Baker, all rights reserved.
Images © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.
Web page design © 2006 M J Baker and S A Baker, all rights reserved.